Friday, April 19, 2013

Tina - Lesson 5 - Re-do Project 1 and 2

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Tina - Lesson 5 - Re-do Project 1 and 2

Whew, this was a struggle to complete, especially being aware of the closing date. I did all pieces over but I still have a hard time drawing the lines. I looked back to my sketches of the line study. It seems so spontaneous and easy. Why am I having trouble in Project 1 & 2? Thinking too much? Yeah, that is a problem.


Anyway, below is Project 1;  I repainted the original and re-drawn the lines.







And here is Project 2. Finding monochromatic collage paper is a bit of a challenge since I did not have a collection of monochromatic papers to begin with. I may need to make some or start collecting this type of papers for future work. I like the look and the feel of monochromatic collage. :-)





Note:  I intent to complete Lesson 6. But just in case I don't complete it by closing date (April 24), I like to thank everyone now for posting and sharing your process. Many times I was stuck and unable to continue - but your work inspired me and gave me the needed push to go on. All of you are great talents, I'm honored and privileged to be part of this experience with you. I'm also grateful to have found Jane as a teacher. You are truly a great artist and an incredible teacher. Thank You for your generosity and patience. I very much appreciate you!

May you all be safe, be healthy, be happy and live with ease.
Till next time... :-)


3 comments:

  1. Really fabulous job, Tina! I'll probably leave the blog open for an extra week, so post lesson 6 if you get a chance.

    These orange ones are just gorgeous! Nice variety of line use. I love the way the orange is painted OVER something. What do you mean you re-painted the original? What original? It looks great, like there is all this space just hovering under the surface.

    The open grids are lovely. The only thing I would say is that you use a very fine line in all three. How about experimenting with different types of line?
    Reply
  2. Thank You, Jane. About the lines; oh yes, I noticed that too AFTER I scanned them. In the previous submission, I used the fine point of a black Prismacolor for all the lines. They were too thick, strong and severe. I didn't like the feel of it - too dominating for the planes especially against the white background. Then on this submission, I decided to tone down the black lines using a black Fine Sharpie Pen, which gives me thinner but cleaner lines. I thought about using different drawing tools for the lines to get a variety of thickness but I didn't want to risk messing up at this late hour. I'll try to vary the lines in Lesson 6. Are we limited to use one line only in a collage?
    ReplyDelete




    1. There is no "messing up" here. Just exploring. So do try the different lines in Lesson 6. It just gives you a wider range of visual vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment