Friday, April 19, 2013

Tina - Lesson 2 - project

Monday, March 25, 2013

Tina - Lesson 2 - project


 

These are images of Lesson 2. The first piece was layered 3 times over because I keep losing the texture of the collage papers underneath the paint that is thick and heavy. Watching the video, I noticed that Jane's paint is fluid and transparent, and the colors are soft pastel-like. (I wonder if there is a list of colors that Jane uses). Also, I don't understand why the need to layer the very bottom surface if it's going to be painted over and glued more collage paper on it.

For images #2 and #3, I used one layer of paint in bright orange color, glued the collage paper, and repainted the surface to finalize the painting. But image #2 had to be re-done because, in my eagerness to re-paint, I covered the whole surface with thick green paint and lost the orange color and the collage paper texture underneath it. :-(  So, I had to glue more collage papers and repainted the surface again. What I've learned in this project is that this technique of painting allows mistakes to be corrected or changed immediately, instead of starting over again. So, this is fun and good. I'm now off to Lesson 3, still walking baby steps... but enjoying each step of the way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment