Friday, April 19, 2013

Tina - Lesson 5, Project 1 & 2

Saturday, April 6, 2013


Tina - Lesson 5, Project 1 & 2

OK, here I just try to relax and let go of preconceived ideas about what the pieces should look like, and try to let my heart guide me. Not easy for all the resistance that wants to put mind in control. The bulk of the work and attention was on creating the background. I think I got the look I wanted - light and dark, but still need to explore more possibilities of color combinations, line and shape. Am also looking to balance time and effort in doing this work - how much time is enough to work on a piece and when is a piece complete and final? So, here they are:

Project 1:       Line & Grid Studies - 6x6







Project 2:  Open Grid with Lines - 9x9




Project 2 is a bit easier to do and more relax for me since I don't have to worry about painting the collage swatches. The only thing on my mind was to balance the colors. Hmmm... I thought I'll go back in and add paint to the white spaces and see what happens.

This morning I found and watched your video "Scribble Collage, with Hand-Painted Paper" that I bought a while back but never viewed it. OMG, I could kick my self in the butt --- everything I need to know about making the collage swatches are IN the video! Oh well, it's never too late to learn the techniques in there. I'll also be buying your books to learn more of this art making techniques and process. It's a beautiful way to create authentic and original artwork. I'm hooked! I reckon I'll be doing a lot of this type of art making from now on. The process really  stretched and expanded me, like yoga and taichi. It is good exercise for my mind and ego! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment